We celebrated my brother’s 21st earlier this month. I decided to make a chocolate fudge cake covered in chocolate fudge frosting, topped with confetti sprinkles…with a surprise in the centre too, for good measure!
- To start, make 4 sponge cakes and cut out the centre of 2, using a scone cutter.
- To assemble the cake, you simply layer the sponges (adding a little bit of frosting along the way!) so that the 2 sponges with the holes are in the middle.
- Once you have the third layer on, fill the centre with the sweets of your choice! I used Crispy M&Ms because of their light texture and fun bright colours.
- Pop on the fourth and final sponge and cover the lot with plenty of frosting.
- Finish it off with the topping of your choice — I’m obsessed with these vibrant confetti sprinkles!