Earlier in the week, I had a serious unshakeable craving for something sweet. Not in the mood to leave the apartment, I wandered online in search of something that I could make easily enough with the limited resources in my kitchen. It was then that I came across this recipe for 3-ingredient Nutella cookies. It almost sounded too good to be true but curiosity got the better of me and I decided to give them a go…
That turned out to be a pretty good decision! If I had to pick a favourite recipe that I’ve discovered so far this year; this would be it! I mean, three ingredients and less than fifteen minutes including prep and cooking time…how great is that?!
I still can’t get over how well they turned out either — perfect delicious cookies with crispy edges and squidgy centres. The original recipe made them extra indulgent by stuffing them with more Nutella but I skipped that step and they were still pretty incredible.
These are easier to make than any box mix and so much tastier too. Great if you’re low on ingredients and it’s also ideal for anyone whose kitchen isn’t very well stocked with equipment either because all you need is a spoon, bowl, weighing scales and baking trays.
- 10 ounces Nutella
- 4 ounces plain flour
- 1 medium-sized egg
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line two baking trays.
- In a bowl and by hand, beat the egg in to the Nutella.
- Add the flour and stir. The mixture will become stiff and slightly difficult to work with but keep going until everything is thoroughly combined!
- Using clean dry hands, roll chunks of the dough in to balls and place on the lined trays. Use the palm of your hand to flatten down each piece slightly.
- Bake for no more than 7 minutes. The cookies will come out of the oven incredibly soft but don’t worry! Leave them aside for 5 – 10 minutes and they will firm up to perfection! So easy to make and even easier to eat ;-).
original recipe found here