Sometimes it can be really hard to be healthy. Although I’m pretty good at eating balanced meals, I tend to slip up in between. Over time, I’ve found that the best way to snack right is to keep things simple. I also think it’s important to have a bit of variety so you don’t get bored. I try to have a few options in my kitchen at all times; anything that requires little or no preparation is always good. These are my favourite healthy snacks — as long as you watch your portion sizes, they’re all really good choices!
- Raw pepper strips with a side of hummus
- Carrot sticks with a side of tzatziki
- Peanut butter on apple wedges
- Simple smoothies…frozen berries and skimmed milk blasted in a blender is my favourite!
- Feta cheese and watermelon/cantaloupe/grapes
- Mozzarella and tomato slices
- Plain yogurt with fresh blueberries and a small handful of chocolate chips to satisfy your sweet tooth!