Who doesn’t love the sweet and salty combination of chocolate and peanut butter? Add some fresh cream and you have yourself a gorgeous ganache. Use it as a frosting for cupcakes and layer cakes, a filling for macarons and whoopie pies….or — as I’ve been known to do — enjoy it simply on its own. It’s rich but so irresistible.
Feel free to use smooth or crunchy peanut butter and milk, dark or maybe even white chocolate. I haven’t actually tried that last one but white chocolate peanut butter ganache sounds all kinds of amazing…definitely something to put on my to-do list! 😉
- 220ml fresh cream
- 200g chocolate
- 50g peanut butter
- Break up the chocolate in to a medium-sized bowl and add the peanut butter.
- Gently heat the cream in a medium-sized saucepan over a low heat. At the first hint of a simmer, take the pan off the heat.
- Pour the warm cream over the chocolate and peanut butter, stirring well until everything is completely combined.
- Leave it to cool for five to ten minutes; then pop the bowl in the fridge for 2 – 3 hours or until it has firmed up.
- Enjoy! It’s best used within 48 hours but can keep for up to 3 days.