‘Tis the season to indulge and I’m kind of obsessed with these homemade chocolate and cranberry truffles. Each piece is sweet and creamy with little fruity bursts. They’re so easy to make but look impressive and taste delicious. I think Santa would definitely approve ;-).
- Place 100g of milk chocolate and 50g of dried cranberries in one bowl.
- In a separate bowl, place 100g of white chocolate, 50g of dried cranberries and 1 tablespoon of butter.
- In a medium-sized pan over a low heat, gently warm 200ml of fresh cream.
- Take the pan off the heat at the first sight of a simmer.
- Divide the cream evenly between the two bowls and stir both mixtures thoroughly.
- Pop both bowls in the refrigerator to chill for 2 – 3 hours.
- Pour some regular cocoa powder and some white chocolate powder on to a plate or flat surface.
- Using clean dry hands, take small amounts of each mixture at a time and shape in to balls. Roll each piece in either the regular or white chocolate powder. Place in individual cases or stack on a pretty plate.
- Keep the truffles chilled until ready to serve. Take them about ten to fifteen minutes before serving. Enjoy!