Male 9/11 Survivor Diagnosed With Breast Cancer

RE/MAX agent celebrates fun and fashion for a good cause

The American Cancer Society estimates that approximately 40,000 women will die from breast cancer in the United States.

This was part of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which is observed in October every year.

Lacey Prestay, an exercise physiologist at OSF Hospital, has been raising money for this campaign in the Delta and Menominee County area.

Over £31.5 million has been raised by wear it pink supporters since it began in 2002.

Siân Gwenllian said: "Breast cancer is still the most common form of cancer in the UK".

Venter, who is the chief executive of Edith Venter Promotions said she chose to start an initiative that focused on breast cancer because it predominantly affects women and their lives. It is actually caused by a genetic mutation called the BRCA1 mutation.

Zimbabwe as well has maintained this tradition, all for a good cause, but beyond the October month, all the hive of activities seem to slow down and by Christmas, many would have moved on to other "important issues", relegating the fight against cancer to the dustbin, so to speak.

LeBron James: First Lakers Win 'Feels Great'
Kuzma added two huge dunks down the stretch of Los Angeles' second win in two days after an 0-3 start. "We got stops. It was the Lakers' first victory at home this season, after winning their first game overall Wednesday at Phoenix.

Trish had a routine test in 2014 that uncovered the cancer. According to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, about one in 400 people in the US has a BRCA1/2 mutation; but among Ashkenazi Jews, about one in just 40 has the gene mutation. "After that I have been through four surgeries in the past two years". "I always tell people it was not a trick and not a treat", the Bixby resident said with a laugh. "I felt like I had control over my health". There have not been any concerning breast cancer occurrence rates for males who survived 9/11.

"Instead of being a victim I said 'gosh, I'm so happy.' Wow, some people don't even know and I knew and I could make a choice", she said.

"I remember thinking this was odd, why is he calling me at 9:30 on a Thursday night - and he told me I have cancer", she said.

The "Strike Out Cancer" homerun derby and bake sale fundraiser was the first of its kind in Jamestown. Imhoff said one item sold for $60.

"My auction has been my biggest (fundraiser) so far", Prestay said.

"There's literally no point in worrying, at all, and that's how I've been from the get go. I had nearly 98 businesses or individuals donate certificates or baskets, so I thought that was really fantastic". "That helped me so much because all of my doctors were at least a 30-to-45-minute drive from my house".

"She not only babysat (my oldest daughter) but she would also religiously keep tab on my treatment and its progress", Fultz said. "Thanks to my mom, I was able to do that". So instead, it is vital that people donate directly to organizations like METAvivor, where 100 percent of donations go directly to metastatic breast cancer research, according to its website.

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Amazon sinks as revenue growth disappoints
Oct 27, 2018 - 06:10
Overall revenue rose 21 percent to $33.74 billion, missing analysts' estimate by about $310 million, according to Refinitiv data. Google ad sales contributed 86 percent of revenue , but growth slowed to 20 percent from almost 24 percent last quarter.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Megyn Kelly won’t return to NBC after defending ‘blackface’ costumes
Oct 27, 2018 - 01:38
Kelly offered a heartfelt apology to open her show on Wednesday and received a standing ovation from the in-studio audience. While at Fox, Kelly cultivated a reputation for toughness and a willingness to challenge conservative orthodoxy.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top 18 dead as floods sweep away students and teachers near Dead Sea
Oct 26, 2018 - 16:20
The official, who was not named, expressed surprise that a school trip had been organised despite weather warnings. Thursday's incident is the second tragedy resulting from flash-flooding near the Dead Sea this year.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top New documents contradict Florida Democratic nominee Gillum
Oct 26, 2018 - 16:04
In preparation for the NY trip, Miller texted Corey, "I have the boat lined up for the trip in August", on July 12, 2016. Gillum vacationed at a luxury resort in Costa Rica in May 2016 with Corey, as well as another investor in the Edison.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Sarah Huckabee Sanders Responds to Bomb Crisis by Criticizing CNN
Oct 26, 2018 - 16:02
With two more bombs being found this morning, the country looked to the White House for a response. Waters and other Democratic foils of his. "We'll keep you posted on that", Sciutto said.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Arsenal can't stop winning, Loftus-Cheek treble fuels Chelsea
Oct 26, 2018 - 15:28
Loftus-Cheek's agent has already threatened to force a move away from Stamford Bridge if the midfielder is not given more playing time.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top NASA’s sea ice survey captures freakish , perfectly rectangular iceberg
Oct 26, 2018 - 14:18
The iceberg NASA photographed is tabular, which means its basically table-shape: flat on the top and vertical at the edges. When an iceberg breaks off from a shelf of floating ice like Larsen C, there's no friction controlling how it breaks up.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Saudi king briefs Putin on investigation into Khashoggi death
Oct 26, 2018 - 09:23
Salah Khashoggi met Saudi King Salman and Crown Prince before leaving for the US. He told reporters on Thursday that he wanted to know where Khashoggi's body is.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Elon Musk says California hyperloop test tunnel opens December 10
Oct 24, 2018 - 09:43
Tesla Inc chief executive officer (CEO) Elon Musk said on Tuesday that Twitter had locked his account thinking it had been hacked. While the trial tunnel injects a dose of realism to his vision of a hyperfast underground system, key questions remain.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top LA Dodgers down Milwaukee Brewers; Dodgers head to World Series
Oct 24, 2018 - 09:29
Instead of Milwaukee evening the score, Los Angeles held on to its one-run lead. He robbed Yelich of an extra-base hit with a runner on second and two outs.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Trump injects tax-cut talk in the closing weeks of midterm campaign
Oct 24, 2018 - 09:27
The House and Senate are out of town and not slated to return before the midterm elections in early November. Bush's tenure were extended in 2012 during Barack Obama's administration, for example.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Manchester City in big win, Chelsea deny United
Oct 24, 2018 - 09:04
According to GiveMeSport, new footage showing what really transpired between Ianni and Mourinho . Sarri apologised to Mourinho and Ianni was later sent to do the same.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top EU warns Italy on budget but walks a fine line
Oct 22, 2018 - 19:15
Italy's budget proposal is considered out of line with commitments made earlier, with a proposed deficit of 2.4 per cent. Matteo Salvini , the leader of the League party, called the accusation "surreal".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Tesla Announces $45,000 Mid-Range Model 3
Oct 22, 2018 - 19:06
On Thursday, Elon Musk unveiled a new "lower cost, mid-range" Tesla Model 3 vehicle coming in at around $45,000. Thursday's move to launch a version of a Model 3 with a slightly lower price is progress in this direction.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top India win Guwahati one day worldwide beating West Indies by 8 wickets
Oct 22, 2018 - 18:58
The Delhi batsman's post-match comment has left his fans wondering if Virat Kohli is planning an early retirement. Shimron Hetmyer (L) of West Indies celebrates with teammate Jason Holder after scoring his third ODI hundred.